I am one that truly believes your daily habits directly impact your lifestyle. I truly only realized that when I was still getting REALLY BAD breakouts at 20. Now I do know that it is completely normal to break out in your early 20’s but it really got me thinking that I really didn’t do anything to help the breakouts, maybe once a week I washed my face or did some kind of mask, but that was mostly just because I was having a bad day and wanted a “spa day.”
Since Wednesday I was trying to drum up something I could talk to you guys about this week and the more I racked my brain the less I knew what I was going to write about this week. Well, this morning when I woke up and began my morning routine, running about 15 minutes late, it hit me. I want to give you some of my daily lifestyle habits.
Now I do NOT always follow every single one of these things but I do make a true effort to make sure I do them more than twice a week. Living a healthier lifestyle, especially as a woman, is really hard in today’s society. We have so many beauty standards to live up to and so many body standards to live up to, it kills me. So I want to share my lifestyle habits with you today!
- Drink more water!! This one is so important for your health, especially for your skin. I always try to aim for 3 water bottles today and if I only get through 2, I don’t beat myself up, I just try harder the next day. Crystal Light helps!!
- Snack on some berries and almonds. My hair and nails are seriously beyond thankful I have begun doing this for myself.
- Wash your face, at least one time a day but aim for two! This is so important, you come in contact with so many greases and things that clog those pores all through your day!
- Have some me time for at least 30 minutes everyday. I like to spend my time reading, drinking some hot tea, or doing a face mask. Your body and mind will thank you for this.
- Once in a while take the time to spoil yourself. Buy those shoes, get your nails done, purchase that cup of coffee that’s $9 for a tall. Just enjoy yourself.
- Never go grocery shopping while you’re hungry. You are always going to end up with more junk food than healthy food if you do this.
- Try to sneak some leafy greens into your food twice a week. For me, this one is easy because I am always making Italian food, I put spinach in almost everything I eat for the good folic acids that it contains.
- Drink tea just as often as you drink coffee, for me this can be difficult because I love coffee but tea has so many benefits it’s worth it.
- Don’t ever stop learning. The world is full of knowledge and so many unknown things. There is always something that is baffling to us, take the time to research and learn.
- This is one is completely a personal preference. Diffuse essential oils. To me they are beyond relaxing and I feel more at peace when they are going.
I hope that none of you feel like I am forcing these on you, but I want you all to be aware that your daily tasks determine who you are. So be mindful and act accordingly. I hope you can at least take one of these things and do it more often!
Thanks your ear today.
Until next time,